Can Contamination In My Ducts Make Me Sick?
Updated: Mar 16
Yes. According to the Florida Department of Environmental Health, seeing and smelling mold growth can put your health at risk. Allergic diseases, the potential for infection, and mold toxicity are the main concerns of these healthcare officials.
Mold allergy sufferers (estimated to be 10% of the population) may experience a variety of symptoms, including sniffles, runny nose, red itchy eyes, sneezing, shortness of breath, fatigue, fever, and/or headaches.
According to the Florida Department of Health, prolonged exposure to indoor mold can be unhealthy for anyone. People with special concerns should consult a doctor if they feel that indoor mold is affecting their health.
The following people can get sick more quickly and seriously than others:
- Babies and children
- The elderly
- People with chronic respiratory conditions, allergies or asthma.
- People with a weakened immune system (such as HIV or AIDS, chemotherapy patients, or organ transplant recipients).
Most of our clients wait for someone to get sick before they think about getting service, but it's too late! Most, if not all, of Florida heating and air conditioning systems are thought to support mold growth.
The best way to prevent potential illness is to ask our trained professionals to do a free estimate and customize the cleaning to your situation. After disinfection, we hear that our client's allergies and asthma-like symptoms, as well as headaches related to spores or bacteria, disappeared within days. See our Google reviews for proof! Everyone sleeps better and the system is no longer smelly.